Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Positive, positively!!

Still freaking out the next morning I got up way too early (8AM on my day off) and decided to walk to the library. I browsed around on the internet and looked at other people's questions about their faint positive pregnancy test. I got about a million books on pregnancy nutrition and prenatal yoga and plus-size pregnancy. By now the reality was starting to cave in-- I'd just signed a waiver acknowleging that a pregnancy at my size was unhealthy and more likely to miscarry. Plus O has spina bifida and I have thyroid issues-- what were we doing to our baby?!

O and I had lunch together and we both mutually decided to not get too excited yet. He went back to work and I went and got a digital pregnancy test- "positive"

I went to the doctor and asked for a blood test. She asked if my period was late and I lied and said "I don't know, I didn't track it this month." She called back with the results- HcG was 23, I was officially three and a half weeks pregnant!!


we put it under the date on the newspaper for posterity.


No comments:

Post a Comment