Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

we told the fam

So Sunday was O's 32 birthday and we celebrated at my parent's house. Dave was mysteriously "sick" and Joe was in Vegas which turned out to be somewhat of a relief since I was pretty much dreading having a peanut gallery. I know that every family has it's own personality and my family makes jokes, I get it. I even try and be a good sport about it most of the time, but it's so frusterating to me that we can never seem to take anything seriously. I'm glad that we can joke around and exchange jabs but do we really have to do it all the time? It's almost like we never get to be real with each other. There are always barriers up.

I'm not too bummed out anymore that we ended up telling everyone sooner than we'd hoped. I'm glad to have my mom's support and in a way it makes me less scared to have people know. It's weird, I thought I'd feel the opposite but actually it's almost a relieft to know so many people who love us are pulling for us.

O broke the news right before we sang happy birthday. I called everyone into the dining room and he said "grace is pregnant" at first everyone seemed to think he was kidding but then all the younger sibs and my nephews started clapping. It was really sweet. Of course then my dad had to start busting my balls about how he knew i'd "see it his way" and "come around" and making it like I'm some cow he now has control over. Kind of annoying really. It would have been nice if he could react to good news with, um, joy? and if not joy then definitely not sarcasm. Whatever, guess that's just how this family is. I'm just glad his partners in jab Dave and Joe weren't there. Something tells me it would not have gone as well. I know they must have heard the news by now from dad or one of the other brothers in the office but I haven't gotten so much as text saying "congratulations" I guess that would be expecting too much... I'm sure they'll give me plenty of shit on sunday.

O wrote this amazing blog on his page about the drama with my cousin and his views on religion and the pregnancy complications. I was pretty touched. check it out if you wish (though he's a bit more fearless and graphic than I am).

No comments:

Post a Comment