Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

out, out damn spot

I started spotting again over the weekend. This is really getting old. I was supposed to be able to start weaning off of the progesterone suppositories at 10 weeks (tomorrow) but now it looks like I'll be on them until 12. So annoying! I just don't understand what is going wrong? I finally called the midwife today because the color was more red and I started freaking out, but she was SOO nice and so reassuring. It was totally different from the other one I talked to. This one was helpful and actually listened to and validated what I was saying. She said there were a lot of reasons that I was spotting and miscarriage was likely the least of them, if I was losing the baby I would be in a lot more pain and I would be full-on bleeding heavily. She said I can come in tonight and the after-hours midwife would try to find the heartbeat on a doppler and check my cervix. I just can't get over how nice she was, she was like, "there's no reason to just wait it out and feel scared. If you feel scared for whatever reason just call the midwife on call. Why torture yourself? This is what we're here for." It made me feel so much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment